12 June, 2010

saturday 12th june

howdy!

I have officially been here just over a week. settling in nicely ;)

Had a most awesome day the other day. We got the day off from 12pm, so me, Katie (from Philidelphia), Caitlin (from Maryland) and Emma (UK) went to Avon to have lunch (yum) and then do some shopping. Caitlin got her hair cut which looks awesome, and we got me some new jeans (my old pair split when i lunged out!) and shorts. Just generally mucked around and sung to loud music in the car.

We had dinner at Allison's house (horse riding program counsellor) where i tried my first gulash! was good! Also! New experience- we stopped at Dairy Queen on the way back. It's basically like a Cold Rock in Australia, but - get this - the smallest ice cream size you can get is BIGGER than the largest you can get at Cold Rock. So, 'cos i couldn't work out all the combinations (basically an infinity of them) i got Katie to order for me i got a "small" chocolate icecream oreos and brownie blizzard. Very delicious :D



The "precious" photo of me and Katie with Dairy Queen.

Seriously though we have the best group ever at ranch. It's really awesome. There's about 10 of us and it's cool cos we all work really well with each other and just bounce off each other. The Americans here have been so awesome and welcoming :) i love it.


Oh, and quickly, some other things to add to my list of funny drivethru things (i think we've had pharmacies so far): drive-thru bank, and drive-thru convenience store...


Yesterday i rode a 3yr old morgan X clydey (?) named Rodney who reminded me a bit of Jairrah. He was very sweet although completely green, really, and in love with this sweet little black horse called Mooney. Mooney is some sort of gaited horse breed - like a hackney or walking horse or something - so her paces are beautiful! I got to ride her cos Rodney got too handy (pulling on my hands) but Mooney was so gorgeous! First time riding a gaited horse.

We also practised vaulting on Speedy, a vaulting barrel, but i kind of collapsed onto and off it because i no way have the wrist strength to hold my body yet! (on the plus side, i am building up muscles excellently! it's really good work for the hands for the most part)

and lastly we visited the camp fire circle for some secret Ranch stuff i can't quite tell you about. Think of it as initiation *wink*

Anyway, i send my love to all and a special message to my Aunt who's birthday party is this weekend. I hope you have an absolutely wonderful time! Love elise

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha HANDY!
    I like the Mooney horse!
    WHAT?!?!? Not telling LA ABOUT SECRET CAMP STUFF?!?!?!?
    WHAT I DON'T BELIEVE IT~!!!!
    But EEEEEEEEEEE I told you everyfing about everyfing I ever did ever!!!!!!!!!!
    *winge*
    *whine*
    ...
    I finished your... HATTYYYyYYYYyyYyYYy
    He's SO SOFT.
    I'm posting you a package soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey E - the party was great. Your aunt and I and dad and Mike did some singing to ABBA songs and Dee and Kate sang Rocky Horror -and we all had fun. It was a great party. I am sitting at a holiday place on the beach, although you can't see the beach from here cos of the trees but sitting beside a pool and it is very beautiful. It is much warmer than our place where it has been quite cold lately. Here we had the party outside and were quite warm. We fly back home on Monday. I have always wanted to ride one of the gaited horses! I am taking Kacey for a ride this week one afternoon up to the forest if I can get home from work early. Lots of love Mum

    ReplyDelete