09 June, 2010

another day

howdy howdy howdy.

yesterday morning when i came in to the dining hall to use the internet and blog/skype home, i noticed that the bins were tipped over and scattered everywhere. It didn't really register, and i heard thumping around in the seating/kitchen area and naturally assumed it was a cleaner or cook. turns out, five minutes after i left some other councellors came down, went into the seating area, and there stood a bear...

Lucky not to disturb a bear or unlucky not to realise he was even there? pretty crazy either way!

Also ranch camp is So Much Work! we are virtually working from 7am to 9pm each night, only stopping to eat. (i should totally be getting paid more!) and it's really tiring. and that will just about double once kids arrive.

Thank god we were given last night the evening off from 7pm, so we went to walmart (i don't know how wise this was... we just bought lots of chocolate, etc.)

I quite like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups though. quite delicious if as long as you don't eat too much.

Yesterday we also two riding sessions, 3 hours long each, and ONLY WALKING so my nerves in my legs were ACHING (thanks to my wonky hips) and so were my hands/elbows. I had to sit out the afternoon session of riding and i think i'll have to do that each day 'cos otherwise i won't be able to walk or use hands!!

Keep commenting and sending messages! It helps! Love e

8 comments:

  1. You said you wanted to be kept busy!! Guess that has happened. Have you had a chance to go swimming yet? It is pretty cold here at the moment so the horses have two rugs on but not the really warm ones yet, just light day rug plus canvas at night. Lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing. I was thinking grizzly bear but was it just a little one? I bought you some lollies today to mail over with a letter or two. Sorry I've not been big on internet yet - I'm ridiculously busy :(
    I really want to chat and comment on your things though... so I'm trying!
    The horse sounds sweet.
    What breeds do they have there?
    Talia wants to learn farriery!
    I watched real American Rodeo on channel ONE last night - that new "ten sport" channel... it was AMAZING. I enjoyed it a lot!
    Say HOWDY!
    I'm doing a pic for uni based on Utah scenery...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A black bear probably? Rather than one of the brown bears (grizzly and Kodiac bears).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. actually the last comment was by jim, but computer signed me in by lauren!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes too true about work hours - luckily they have been giving us mostly the evening session to do teambonding games which isn't as much work or anything, it's just tiring 'cos it's long days. They have also given us today from 12pm off as it's cold and rainy and we can't do too much for horses. As far as i know all us ranch counsellors are going out to dinner yay!

    Also they have quite a few quarterhorses and arabs, TBs, etc. but my favourite are the morgan horses! They are so sweet! Quite stocky with gorgeous movements. :)Also some beautiful paints and appaloosas, also a favourite.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always like paints but our involvement was in sports such as dressage and show jumping and they are not used so much in those disciplines. We don't have Morgans out here and I have always wondered what they would be like to ride - from what I've read they sound like horses of excellent temperament. I would like to try the amazing Tennessee walking horse for its unusual gait.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOLY CRAP A BEAR?
    wow.

    ReplyDelete