17 June, 2010

overnight ranch staff camp

just got back from BobWrika (which i always thought was spelled "baaba wreequa" cos of the american accent) campsite where we had our overnight ranch camp. It's just across the border, about an hour-ish ride, in Massachusetts. was lots of fun though i was riding a horse called Rhubarb who just about killed my hands on the way home - wouldn't stop jogging!




The campsite was gorgeous (as everywhere here is) - a kinda cleared area of lush wild grasses among maples and acorns and raspberry brambles and wild strawberries. we slept under tarp. lucky it didn't rain too much ;)

we had a "hobo" dinner (which those who were politically correct called a "homeless" dinner...) which consisted of finely chopped tomatoes, onion, potato, carrot, meat and cheese mixed up and wrapped in alfoil. it was surprisingly delicious cooked on hot coals.



preparing dins... Jodie, Julie, Bryttany, Me, Katie


camp...


 

Nate calling on the fire spirits...

It was also Caitlin's birthday yesterday but she had to leave to go on some training trip which was annoying for us planning birthday stuff (and her i'm sure too haha). We got someone to drive her over to our camp though and we had a surprise birthday cake and everything which was all good. :)

also had my first s'mores (if that's how it's spelled?) which was awesome. Jodie (the s'mores pro) showed me how to make it - 2 roasted marshmallows sandwiched between a square of hersheys chocolate and 2 graham crackers. yummmmmmm.


Now... i'm basically waiting on an extremely late hoodie which was supposed to arrive about a week ago from Camp America cos i have very little clothing, let alone anything warm. i thought i overpacked but it seems i majorly underpacked...
We have tonight off which is awesome cos we'll go out to dinner. Pizza or something i think.

Happy days!

1 comment:

  1. Hi E! I love the photos! The camp looks anazming there. I like that paint horse!
    Oh I should send your hat!! I was waiting to get a bunch of stuff together but I'll try to send it asap!
    I'm feeling pretty sick :(
    I am happy for your happiness though. It makes me feel a bit better. I like to hear your news. I will try to write you a letter and parcel this week. I promise! Cause hatty is AMAZING. You'll love her.
    :) hugs and hugs. Miss seeing you round the place!

    ReplyDelete